Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Updates to FortyToo

Almost there. Version 3.2 is finished, including admin capabilities. With that, FortyToo is complete and ready to roll out.

So what's next? Building a marketing site, self-registration, and the revenue model. Oh, and some self-installing widgets for Blogger and Wordpress. For now, I can set anyone up pretty quickly that wants it but once it gets rolling I won't want to do each site by hand.

One of the cool new capabilities is picking a skin for the program - I'm still using the default skin here, but you can check out the others with these links:

JP - Forest Green

Satan - Orange

Simplicity - no side toolbar!

The structural changes I've been making to the program make it very easy to create new skins - so if someone wants a custom layout they can have one - for a small fee. And I'll be adding more stock skins. Each site gets to pick one skin, but can change it at any time.  Of course, I built a back door into the demo site so I can show any one of them by using different links.

I'll also be adding a demo Admin account so you can check out how easy it is - for now, only registered users can see the admin pages ('coz I don't want you messing with my settings).

If you are already using FortyToo as your Blogger or WordPress comment system (or really, anywhere else) it's easy to update: edit your template and replace bensonmum.com with fortytoocomments.com - or just wait a couple of days, I'll be updating the scripts to point to the new site. Be aware that when you do switch over, all saved preferences, nuke lists, nyms, emails, etc. will be lost. It's a Flash security thing, I can't help it. But they aren't hard to reset.

No comments: