Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dawning Realization

Another voice has joined in proclaiming the inevitable and only possible solution to the health care crisis. No public option, no compromise, no finagling trying to get opposition who are going to oppose anything to agree to a watered-down half-assed compromise to which they will never agree anyway. 

HR-676, aka Medicare For All, is the closest thing to a real bill there is out there right now. Instead of begging to be allowed to compete with the private insurance companies, instead of hoping that "affordable" means that we'll be able to afford it, instead of being happy with the tablescraps of almost universal coverage, this is what we should all be pushing for. Let it come to an up and down vote. A recorded vote. So we know who needs to be out on their ass next term.

So Welcome Aboard, Libby. who writes this at The Impolitic:

Screw working for the politically possible. Screw the watered down public option. I'm sick of the noise in the health care debate. I'm sick of the disinfo. I'm sick of pushing back against the crazytrain. Sick of exposing astroturfers. Sick of the sellouts on all sides. It's all a distraction.

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

1 comment:

ms f said...

Count me in as long as my blood pressure holds up. There are days I think the goal is to make liberal's heads explode.